Are you a teacher?
03 January 2016
One of Cats Protection’s key aims is to educate people about cats and their care. We believe that helping people to learn will ultimately contribute to achieving our vision of a world where every cat is treated with kindness and an understanding of its needs
Our headquarters has produced three teaching packs available free of charge to schools. All of our teaching resources are curriculum linked and our packs include:
- Information about Cats Protection
- The aims of the pack
- Curriculum links for all the fun activities
- Comprehensive teachers’ notes
If you are a teacher and would like to find out more and download or request an eduction pack click on the following link http://www.cats.org.uk/learn
- Early Years foundation stage What better age to start helping children to understand that cats are living, thinking beings?
- Primary These resources are aimed at Key stages 1 and 2 and contain activities covering the whole curriculum.
- Secondary Secondary Cats in the Classroom is aimed at young people aged 11-16.
- E-Learning – adults and children What do cats need? Understanding Feline Origins (UFO) is a free online course which will help you care for your cat’s basic needs by learning about its history and origins
Are you the leader of a Youth Group?
Cats Protection can provide any youth group or organisation with promotional literature to help with their learning initiatives. Support materials such as badges and cat care leaflets are available on request If you would like any resources or need more information for a children or youth project please phone our National Helpline on 03000 12 12 12